Square Enix Partners with Oasys to Explore Development of New Blockchain Games

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Square Enix is the latest major gaming publisher to partner with Oasys, a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) based eco-friendly blockchain that claims to be "revolutionizing the gaming industry."

Go to post

Soo... Square Enix sold the only studios they have that have released anything interesting since the 8-bit era, in order to double down on Blockchain trash?

Good luck with that :LOL:

Edit:

Oh right, forgot about Final Fantasy.

Comment still stands :p

Soo... Square Enix sold the only studios they have that have released anything interesting since the 8-bit era, in order to double down on Blockchain trash?

Good luck with that :LOL:

Edit:

Oh right, forgot about Final Fantasy.

Comment still stands :p
I can't argue with that at all, and I'm generally a FF fan. But the latest single-player games haven't really stood out well against their historical peers.... FFXIV has been generally good, but it also started off horribly and took a herculean effort to get it where it's at now.

I mourn where S/E is headed... I once thought that was one of the better publishers. How the mighty are shooting themselves in the foot... or something like that to mix sayings.

They said so themselves. In the original announcement of the sales. They are getting rid of real game IPs and real game devs so they can pour all the money into blockchain.

They should just set fire to it though, better for the environment with the same end result.

I quite enjoyed Dragon Quest XI on the PS4, moreso then the Deus ex games which imo are too hard to be fun.

What the ever loving fudge are block chain games?! I just don't get it. I don't see how gaming and block chain go together. Unless there is a whole game developed... THEN to get loot within the game it's dependent on block chain processing... ??? No that makes no sense I still don't get it. Is there a document talking about what block chain gaming is?

Hey, it's "eco-friendly" blockchain trash. And they've developed a new garbage collection algorithm to recycle their trash. Oh wait, it's not new at all; they've been using it for ages. ♻️

What the ever loving fudge are block chain games?! I just don't get it. I don't see how gaming and block chain go together. Unless there is a whole game developed... THEN to get loot within the game it's dependent on block chain processing... ??? No that makes no sense I still don't get it. Is there a document talking about what block chain gaming is?

I read it as games that incorporate NFT's.

Maybe that wasn't what they intended, but that's what I took from it.

I read it as games that incorporate NFT's.

Maybe that wasn't what they intended, but that's what I took from it.
Yea maybe that's it... it seems square enix is all in on block chain gaming.

Square enix... it took them some time but now they hare officially worse than EA.

Games that incorporate some form of blockchain. Either through NFTs or by creating their own cryptocurrency to be used in game, sometimes both.

These games are not special in any way, they are basically crap 'indie' games that look like they were made in 2002, but with an added layer of predatory in-game marketplaces. Except why would any one want to trade anything in a crappy game that has no fun gameplay?

But I go one further: Most crypto games don't even contain make it that far. They are just promises of games and start selling NFTs or their cryptocurrency before even starting to develop the game. And cryptobros and whales howl in joyous glee, and buy all their "in-game" NFTs, only for the creators to rugpull them, and the value of their purchases drop to 0.001$ from 10.000$ Yes, it is not uncommon for them to offer 10k USD NFTs, and there are moonbros stupid enough to buy them.

Become a Patron!
Back