Microsoft’s Control of Call of Duty and Other Activision Games Has “Major Negative Implications,” says Sony

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The UK's Competition and Markets Authority is expected to begin a second-phase investigation into Microsoft's $68.7 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard following the Xbox maker's decision not to supply evidence that would allay the regulator's concerns, and one company that seems pretty happy about it is Sony, having publicly stated that it "welcomes the announcement."

Go to post

It's as if Sony doesn't want to rely on first party titles. If I were Microsoft it would be like a shark smelling blood in the water.

It's as if Sony doesn't want to rely on first party titles. If I were Microsoft it would be like a shark smelling blood in the water.
That is true, but I think this is more likely the opposite: Sony smells blood in the water and is just stirring the pot trying to increase the likelihood that this acquisition fails on antitrust basis.

Sony would take a hit if COD were to move on, but not nearly as bad a hit as Activision would take from losing their top selling platform.

That is true, but I think this is more likely the opposite: Sony smells blood in the water and is just stirring the pot trying to increase the likelihood that this acquisition fails on antitrust basis.

Sony would take a hit if COD were to move on, but not nearly as bad a hit as Activision would take from losing their top selling platform.
I think the one to loose out will be Activision. If the sale fails I think their future becomes questionable. The ips likely to be sold off as the company is dissolved.

Become a Patron!
Back