CPSC Warns Consumers to Stop Using Male-to-Male Extension Cords Sold on Amazon Due to Electrocution, Fire, and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Hazards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has warned consumers to immediately stop using and discard male-to-male extension cords sold on Amazon.com due to shock, electrocution, fire, and carbon monoxide poisoning hazards.

Go to post

Well... I say Darwin's Law applies here.

That said, if you are aware enough to know how to actually use one of these without killing yourself, you are probably also handy enough to know how to make one yourself.

I mean, honestly, this has always been kind of a bad idea.

Either get a transfer switch, or run your generator with extension cords separate from the house wiring.
Well... I say Darwin's Law applies here.

That said, if you are aware enough to know how to actually use one of these without killing yourself, you are probably also handy enough to know how to make one yourself.

To me, a part of the problem are people who use them without flipping off their main circuit breaker and then put line workers lives at risk.

To me, a part of the problem are people who use them without flipping off their main circuit breaker and then put line workers lives at risk.
Well that is a big deal and no joke. Although usually, if you do that, the generator will just die - because it'll try to power the entire neighborhood and won't be able to. But - it can happen, and then when the power comes back on it blows your generator up.

Become a Patron!
Back