AMD Ryzen 9 7900X Beats 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900K In New Benchmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
New benchmark scores for the Ryzen 9 7900X have been spotted on Geekbench, alluding to a 12-core desktop processor from AMD that can hit single-core scores and multi-core scores of up to 2,167 and 18,622, respectively.

Go to post

This shouldn't be news... it's the 13900k we should be comparing this to. Why compare new gen to previous gen. This WOULD be news if the 12900 was outperforming the 7900k. Not the other way around.

This shouldn't be news... it's the 13900k we should be comparing this to. Why compare new gen to previous gen. This WOULD be news if the 12900 was outperforming the 7900k. Not the other way around.
I would say, it's perfectly valid to compare it to the best that's currently available. We haven't seen the 13K series yet, and being Intel -- it might release October like Intel expects, it might be delayed two years, or it might get soft released, and it's technically "available" but no one can get their hands on them.

But yeah, it shouldn't be a huge news item that a new generation part beats a last generation part - but the delta that exists between the two parts is newsworthy. It definitely would be news if it couldn't though.

Intel's Core i9-13900K (Raptor Lake) was in the comparison graphs and came out on top in both single- and multi-core benchmarks.

I only glanced at the graphs and skimmed the "article" from wccftech, but the wording seemed deliberately misleading, as though they were commenting on a different set of benchmarks.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back