Annie Wersching (24, The Last of Us) Dead at 45

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Deadline has learned that actress Annie Wersching passed away yesterday at the age of 45 following a battle with cancer. Best known for her roles in popular television shows that include 24, where she starred opposite Kiefer Sutherland as FBI special agent Renee Walker for two seasons, Wersching is also fondly remembered by gamers as being the voice behind Tess, one of The Last of Us' major supporting characters. Naughty Dog has encouraged fans to support her family by donating to her GoFundMe page, which was started with Wersching's blessing, according to the organizer.

See full article...

RIP :( You kind of feel like you lost someone you knew when famous people get taken by the reaper. But then you realize you didn't really knew them, only the characters they portrayed. I liked her in 24, but don't remember seeing her in anything else. I wasn't aware she was in The Last of Us.

PS.: I find it a bit morbid that she's barely cold and they are already using her death to beg for money.

RIP :( You kind of feel like you lost someone you knew when famous people get taken by the reaper. But then you realize you didn't really knew them, only the characters they portrayed. I liked her in 24, but don't remember seeing her in anything else. I wasn't aware she was in The Last of Us.

PS.: I find it a bit morbid that she's barely cold and they are already using her death to beg for money.
Supposedly its for funeral arrangements, but I find it hard to believe that someone with cancer wouldn't have it covered.

Supposedly its for funeral arrangements, but I find it hard to believe that someone with cancer wouldn't have it covered.
I find it even harder to believe that someone who was successful in hollywood can't cover it and needs money from paycheck to paycheck folk. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I would have assumed medical bills first since those can get realy out of hand quickly in the US.

And respectfully, but from her IMDB page she did not seem that succesfull as most of her roles were smaller gigs, but then again I don't know what these actors make.

but then again I don't know what these actors make.
Much more than the average person that's for sure. Being among the first billed in a successful TV show means at least $100k / episode at the bare minimum.

Much more than the average person that's for sure. Being among the first billed in a successful TV show means at least $100k / episode at the bare minimum.
It just go's to show you that unless you are truly wealthy you are susceptible to having your family go bankrupt for medical bills in the US.

Become a Patron!
Back