Fractal Launches North XL Gaming PC Case with Real Walnut or Oak Panels

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The North XL, a larger version of the gaming PC case from Fractal that sets itself apart with natural materials and bespoke details, is now available for purchase from retailers, Fractal has announced.

See full article...

Seems “bespoke” is the latest buzzword

I would totally have bought this back when the North first launched, but now I have moved on to other solutions....

I don't understand the hype of these cases. They are square and rectangle like just about every other case out there, but throw a wood panel on them and they are "innovative".

I don't understand the hype of these cases. They are square and rectangle like just about every other case out there, but throw a wood panel on them and they are "innovative".
Sure; anything that isn't a box is inefficient space-wise. However I do think the aesthetics angle is working for the North. Seems to go well with ASUS' ProART line in black and gold.

You know what would be innovative? Building a PC case that mounts on the under side of your desk. Slim enough that your legs don't get in the way with reversible fans.

So when its a bit chilly inside you can reverse the hot exhaust air to blow on you/your legs and when it's hot you can just exhaust it out behind the desk like everyone else.

Now that would be something innovative.

Sure; anything that isn't a box is inefficient space-wise. However I do think the aesthetics angle is working for the North. Seems to go well with ASUS' ProART line in black and gold.
Yeah the wood panel looks nice, but take it away and it's the same as 99% of other cases out there. Even Corsair lets you add a wood panel to their 4000D and 5000D lineup.

You know what would be innovative? Building a PC case that mounts on the under side of your desk. Slim enough that your legs don't get in the way with reversible fans.

So when its a bit chilly inside you can reverse the hot exhaust air to blow on you/your legs and when it's hot you can just exhaust it out behind the desk like everyone else.

Now that would be something innovative.

That would be super simple to DIY. No need for a purpose made product do to that. Just buy a couple of brackets at Home Depot and use a screwdriver and you can mount anything you want (within reason) to the bottom of your desk :p

Become a Patron!
Back