ASUS Unveils RT-BE88U WiFi 7 Dual-Band Router with 7,200 Mbps Speeds and 34 Gbps of Combined Wired Capacity

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ASUS has announced the RT-BE88U, a new WiFi 7 (802.11be) router that is said to be the world's first to offer up to 34 Gbps of combined wired network capacity.

See full article...

Color me interested. If the wife can drop 700 on a freaking cat litter box I can spend on a good home router!!

Color me interested. If the wife can drop 700 on a freaking cat litter box I can spend on a good home router!!
Oh is that one of the robotic sphere things that look kinda like r2-d2? I know a guy who has 2 of those (4 cats)

Oh is that one of the robotic sphere things that look kinda like r2-d2? I know a guy who has 2 of those (4 cats)
We had the kind that used water and “flushed” - it was horrible.

We replaced it with the huge egg shaped one. That one works great a going on 4 or 5 years now.

So, they added up the wifi make-believe numbers, and then added up all the port speeds? 😅

Wifi performance has always been ****, it is **** today, and it will always be ****.

Even with perfect signal, when my laptop claims to be connected to the WAP at 866Mbps, actual iperf speeds show it is closer to ~130Mbps.

And that is half duplex...

Even with perfect signal, when my laptop claims to be connected to the WAP at 866Mbps, actual iperf speeds show it is closer to ~130Mbps.
I've gotten >700Mbps Speedtest results from an iPhone 12 from across my house, to my 1Gbps ATT fiber router.

I've since stopped efforts to run cables everywhere; that fiber router is the bee's knees in terms of bandwidth (and I have a UAP6...LR I think sitting around if the ATT router stops working)

Become a Patron!
Back