MSI SPATIUM M580 FROZR 2TB PCIe Gen5 M.2 NVMe SSD Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction The speed of PCI Gen5 NVMe SSDs marches on, and we’ve got one of the newer breeds of SSDs today that tops out at 14GB/s (14,000MB/s) sequential read speeds, and 12GB/s (12,000MB/s) sequential write speeds. MSI is launching a new Gen5 SSD onto the market, this one sits above the recently released MSI SPATIUM M570 […]

See full article...

I wonder if they mean bitlocker. Talking about this from the article: "it does support Encryption." Like hardware encryption or software encryption? I'd love to know which.

Am I reading this wrong?
1712067624019.png

You state it beats the M570 on write performance. But other than the color of the bar chart.. it doesn't. Did I miss something?

For your horizon forbidden west load times. Start tapping a button after you hit play from the launcher. Your load times are long. ;)

Nice read though and looks like a beast of a drive!

In the review, I stated: "It’s faster than the MSI SPATIUM M570 PRO FROZR by 14% on read performance and is about even on write performance." Therefore, it's faster in read performance, and the write performance is about even.

In Horizon Forbidden West I am timing the click of the Play button on the Horizon Forbidden West launcher, to the game main menu screen fully loading. I do let the intro logo videos play, without bypassing them. I'll make it more clear in the reviews exactly how that is tested.

Become a Patron!
Back