“Giga-Tarded”: EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6 Launches with a Mostly Negative Rating on Steam as Players Learn They Need an Epic Games Account for Onlin...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6, a sixth installment of the sci-fi third-person shooter series that centers around an international armed force tasked with defending Earth from alien lifeforms, requires an Epic Games account for online play on Steam in order to enhance cross play and online functionality, developer SANDLOT and publisher D3 have announced.

See full article...

Honestly I think folks are going way overboard with the... "Nooo not that launcher." Unless you have trade secrets or are engaged in something illegal nobody is going to give a hill of beans about which pron you search.

Honestly I think folks are going way overboard with the... "Nooo not that launcher." Unless you have trade secrets or are engaged in something illegal nobody is going to give a hill of beans about which pron you search.
If you buy a game on Steam, you shouldn't then also have to use an Epic account, EA account, Ubisoft account, or whatever the f*ck else. Especially since previous EDF games on Steam did NOT require an Epic account. There's been other issues too that I've heard complaints about, such as how console players had early access to the game, or how the PC version is not getting any of the upcoming content for the game. EDF6 is just another example of PC gamers being treated as 2nd-class citizens.

This is why you never pre-order, or buy at launch. Or in cases like this, don't buy them at all. Use a "community demo" instead. Do not reward sh1tty devs with your hard-earned cash.

This would piss me off too. I'd immediately demand a refund, and then never play it again.

That said, I have never heard of the Earth Defense Force series, and was unlikely to ever play it, so I have no dog in this fight.

Glad to see they came to their senses.
Review bombing works a surprising amount of the time. Doom Eternal introduced some very annoying anti-cheat crap in a patch well after launch, which was active even if you were playing single-player. Players review-bombed the f*ck outta the game. It convinced the devs to remove that sh1t.

I can't believe some people still unironically use the "if you aren't doing anything illegal, you don't need privacy" argument.
Besides this is not about privacy, but convenience. If your game is on steam it shouldn't require any other account on top of a steam account. A game sold on GOG requiring a steam account would be equally out of whack. You listening Sony? That means no PSN account for PC games either.
Review bombing works a surprising amount of the time.
Review bombing is almost always a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself. The reason people turn to it sometimes for seemingly frivolous issues is because developers have closed down or ignore all other avenues of feedback. And this one would've been closed long ago too if not for steam. So we should be thankful that steam allows user reviews and is also the market leader.

Become a Patron!
Back