“Just Save for a PC”: Microsoft Criticized for Charging $599.99 for Xbox Series X – 2TB Galaxy Black Special Edition

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that three new Xbox Series X|S console options are now available for pre-order ahead of their release on October 15, but many customers aren't happy with their pricing, according to discussions that have surfaced on social media, including those for the Xbox Series X – 2TB Galaxy Black Special Edition, a console that has been described by some as being "insane" for having a $599.99 price tag.

See full article...

For about 600, without os, and keyboard all I could do was rx6500, and whatever else pretty low end. Consoles are still more powerful than what you could do in pc, and remain so for years.

I don't see what the big deal is,

They still plan on offering the cheaper regular version right?

So this is a totally optional upgrade.

There will always be some morons willing to pay a stupid additional fee for a fancy paint job. Might as well let them. As long as the normal version exists, people have nothing to complain about.

For about 600, without os, and keyboard all I could do was rx6500, and whatever else pretty low end. Consoles are still more powerful than what you could do in pc, and remain so for years.

Yeah, you used to be able to build a capable mid range PC for under $500. But it has probably been about 15 years at this point.

I did this back in ~2010.

Helped a kid build a system for games. I based it around a Regor dual core Athlon II. I can't remember the exact model, but I was able to unlock two cores and the locked L3 cache taking it from a Dual core Athlon II to a Quad Core Phenom II.

I then proceeded to overclock it to 4.2Ghz, which was quite impressive at the time.

Then I stuck a GeForce Gtx460 in it and overclocked the snot out of that as well.

It was a surprisingly capable machine for the ~$450 I spent on it. (Mouse, keyboard, monitor, and other accessories were reused and are not included in that total)

These days, the starting price unless you use older and/or used hardware is going to be a bit higher.

Become a Patron!
Back