“Need Reliability”: Unreal Engine Supervisor Switching to AMD Ryzen 9 9950X after Experiencing 50% Failure Rate with Intel Core i9-13900K/14900...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Dylan Browne, an Unreal Engine Artist and supervisor for ModelFarm, has announced that his creative studio, which specializes in VFX, animation, and virtual production for blockbuster films (e.g., The Equalizer 3), will be switching to AMD Ryzen 9 9950X "Zen 5" desktop processors after witnessing a 50% failure rate for its current machines, which utilize Intel's flagship Core i9-13900K and Core i9-14900K CPUs.

See full article...

Little early for the all in on top tier AMD... they are delaying.. if it works it works. I want one as well. But to just declare AMD or go home seems misguided.

But to just declare AMD or go home seems misguided.
Well it's pretty much what GN has been recommending in light of recent Intel issues. And the above game developer is hardly the only one going this route. Multiple game developers and other customers who have had high Intel 14th-gen and 13th-gen failures have decided to switch to all-AMD. And who can blame them at this point.

Become a Patron!
Back