“Rattlegate”: Noctua Acknowledges Potential Issue with Flagship NH-D15 G2 CPU Cooler for Intel and AMD Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The NH-D15 G2, a next-generation, dual-tower flagship CPU cooler that Noctua introduced on July 2 for Intel and AMD processors, including the modern AM5 and LGA 1700 platforms, may not perform as intended, according to a new statement that the company shared today in response to user reports about how the product is louder than its predecessor, the G1.

See full article...

150 for a rattle toy? What has this world become?

But seriously, 150 for an air cooler is absolute insanity, we built whole computers for that price 15 years ago.

But seriously, 150 for an air cooler is absolute insanity, we built whole computers for that price 15 years ago.
It is expensive but with AIO's going for up to 400€ I think it's reasonable if performance and quality is there.

Granted my new AIO was just below 100€ and it performs fine so far, I did have 2 AIO's die on me in the last 10 months which was a huge pita.

It is expensive but with AIO's going for up to 400€ I think it's reasonable if performance and quality is there.
I've seen 360mm units hit as low as ~US$100 - you certainly can pay more, but most folks simply won't need it.

Granted my new AIO was just below 100€ and it performs fine so far, I did have 2 AIO's die on me in the last 10 months which was a huge pita.
You have some very surprising luck with these things, I must say :)

You have some very surprising luck with these things, I must say :)

Not realy, MSI AIO's have been know to fail en masse, the replacement one was the same model as the one that died, I hoped it was a newer revision not having the same flaw but alas.

Now let's see how Cooler Master does.

I have an AIO that costs less than $100, and works better than my NH-D15 which has been relegated to closet duty after trying it once with AM4 and getting worse results than both AIOs I had.

Become a Patron!
Back