Comcast Pulls the Plug on G4 TV, Citing Low Viewership

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Comcast has decided to pull the plug on G4 TV, its video game-centric network that was revived just under a year ago in November 2021, featuring classic segments such as Attack of the Show! and Xplay.

Go to post

The problem is they tried to launch it on a platform that gamers don't watch anymore. In the early 2000's all we had was TV. Now we have high level production content on Youtube and Twitch. That's where the new generation of gamers spend their time. Not in front of a TV. And none of the people they hired were relevant in the modern gaming sphere. There was literally no reason to watch G4.

Then we have the woke b.s. they tried to push with that "thing" Frosk. You can't replace Olivia Munn with that....thing.

Yea the core demographic of gamers still wants hot girls and funny bro guys to watch. You gotta have the pretty people hosting those shows.

It's why Newegg product channel has the hot blonde.

It she reason so many of the top streamers are hot.

Same thing with Tic Tokers or Twitch streamers.

The guys that make it are identifiable and funny and kind of an idealized guy for the demographic that watches them. OR they are FUNNY.

It really isn't that dang hard to cater to gamers. Sure you can go woke... but as G4 shows... you'll just go broke. You can have woke topics. You just gotta have the right presentation so gamers don't auto tune out.

This is the first I've heard of it.

Though, despite playing games since ~1985, I don't consider myself a "gamer" and generally tend to avoid and tune out anything marketed to "gamers" as nonsense.

Become a Patron!
Back