NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Tops Newegg’s Best Sellers List

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Critics have claimed that NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 4080 graphics cards aren't selling as well as the company might have hoped due to reasons that include its starting price of $1,199, but activity at certain retailers seem to suggest otherwise, one being Newegg, whose Best Sellers section lists various GeForce RTX 4080 models within the top ten spots at the time of this posting.

See full article...

Well, this is surprising, but I'd have to counter: this needs some context.

This doesn't necessarily mean the 4080 is doing well - if GPU sales across the board are down, that's still troublesome. And looking at this list of "best sellers" - it does look like slim pickings across the board - not a robust and healthy ecosystem.

I just can't believe that a $1200 card being top seller is going out there breaking sales figures records. I mean - an absolutely horrible and notorious 3060 8G edition is in #2 and #5, and an out of stock 4090 is in at #3, with 2 of the top 5 shipping directly from China, if that helps to make my point any.

1671740190018.png

That is hard to believe. If those 4080's were priced where they were supposed to be I'd pick one up, but over a grand is not worth it.

GN just did a bit on the 4080 where it's sitting on shelves collecting dust. No one is buying them. It's not even a consideration in any of the gaming circles I frequent.

I doubt the AIB's or Nvidia even have to pay the stores to promote it, yet anyway.

A "best sellers" list isn't much to go on. We'd need to see Newegg's actual sales figures if we're going to make decisions based on the shopping behavior of Newegg customers.

Become a Patron!
Back