Assassin’s Creed Mirage Won’t Be As Huge as Previous Installments

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
One of the complaints about Assassin's Creed Valhalla is how huge the game is, with multiple DLCs and extensive maps that could take some players more than 200 hours to thoroughly explore and complete. This will not be the case with Assassin's Creed Mirage, according to creative director Stéphane Boudon, who spoke to GamesRadar+ in a new interview and confirmed that the latest installment in the franchise would feature a "more intimate scale." The implication is that Mirage will be smaller in size and feel more similar to older Assassin's Creed games, including the 2007 title that started it all.

See full article...

More than the map size, I think it was the grindy nature of Valhalla that weighed it down. I did like the Viking setting, so will probably take another crack at the game.

I'm hoping the new AC game moves away from the 'levelled' enemies and towards a more realistic approach (ie: Tsushima, early AC games). I really don't like 'sponge-like' enemies in my action games.

Why would someone complain about a game being too big? If it is otherwise a good game, just continue enjoying it.

Assassin's Creed is not my thing, and I wasn't planning on playing it, but it is worrying to me that they are trying to shrink games and claim that is what gamers want.

Yeah, sure, we want to pay the same but get less. Isn't that what everyone wants? :rolleyes:

More than the map size, I think it was the grindy nature of Valhalla that weighed it down. I did like the Viking setting, so will probably take another crack at the game.

Yeah, if a game is too grindy, complain about that. Don't complain that it is too big.

The opposite can be problematic too, when you are like 40% of the way through a game, and you ahve already leveled everything up and found all the good equipment/weapons.

Part of the fun is continuing to find better and interesting stuff.

Why would someone complain about a game being too big? If it is otherwise a good game, just continue enjoying it.

Assassin's Creed is not my thing, and I wasn't planning on playing it, but it is worrying to me that they are trying to shrink games and claim that is what gamers want.

Yeah, sure, we want to pay the same but get less. Isn't that what everyone wants? :rolleyes:

Yeah, if a game is too grindy, complain about that. Don't complain that it is too big.

The opposite can be problematic too, when you are like 40% of the way through a game, and you ahve already leveled everything up and found all the good equipment/weapons.

Part of the fun is continuing to find better and interesting stuff.

Meh not for me I enjoy the story. Hence why I just unlock everything I can to start then do the story and relax.

Meh not for me I enjoy the story. Hence why I just unlock everything I can to start then do the story and relax.

Ahh. The story is important to me too, but I also want a real challenge. Taking on hundreds of opponents as an individual isn't supposed to be easy :p

Exploring and finding equipment in that regard is fun. Sometimes I have played games when I find everything it gets boring as one element of the game is complete in advance of the rest of it, so it feels kind of empty.

Ahh. The story is important to me too, but I also want a real challenge. Taking on hundreds of opponents as an individual isn't supposed to be easy :p

Exploring and finding equipment in that regard is fun. Sometimes I have played games when I find everything it gets boring as one element of the game is complete in advance of the rest of it, so it feels kind of empty.
Yea I like to find all the stuff. All the gear and items and crafting locations in the last one were entertaining. I just wonder where the story is going.

I never had a problem with the size of valhalla. It is great that you still have unexplored areas on the map after 50 hours of gaming. If there is something to complain about it is the formulaic nature of the game and the lack of proper loot (enemies do not drop any loot) so that kind of makes random encounters pointless to engage in. You get nothing out of them. And the game is formulaic because it is divided into regions that you progress trough, but gameplay wise you have to do the almost exact same thing in all regions, only with different NPCs in the cutscenes.

The settings and map are the things that are the best part in valhalla and odyssey both, and so they decide to change that. Ubisoft is being obnoxious and out of touch yet again.

Also I don't know whose bright idea was it to make Basim the hero of the game, the most obnoxious villain from valhalla. They already lost me there, I have zero interest in Mirage because of that.

As far as I'm concerned this should've been one of the games they cancelled. They should be making Splinter Cell, or Ghost Recon but not trying to chase trends with them, just do what they always were.

Become a Patron!
Back