NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070, 4060, and 4050 Laptop Pre-Orders Start Today

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
GeForce RTX 4090 and 4080 laptops are already available for purchase, but additional options that feature the rest of NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 40 Series laptop GPUs are right around the corner. NVIDIA has shared an article that can confirm pre-orders for GeForce RTX 4070, 4060, and 4050 laptops are now available at some of the usual retailers ahead of their February 22 release, including Newegg, B&H Photo, and Best Buy. Some of the new options include the Acer Predator Triton 14”, a laptop with up to GeForce RTX 4070 laptop GPU geared toward gamers and creators with NVIDIA Advanced Optimus technology for optimal battery life, and the ZenBook Pro 14 OLED, a model from ASUS that features a 120 Hz OLED display and weight of only 1.6 kg.

See full article...

I know gaming laptops are still a thing, but I've just never seen the appeal.

I admit I tried it once, probably back in like 2002... the thing weighed like 10lbs, sounded like a jet engine, heated up your lap hot enough to sterilize a typical male, and got about 35 minutes of battery life.

While I'm certain they have got a lot faster since then, I'm not convinced they have fixed all those issues that made me hate the one I bought in 2002.

That, and man, the 14ish hour battery life on my M1... silent, light weight, runs cool... for anything I need a laptop to do, that's awfully hard to walk away from. But you aren't going to game on it, I fully admit - but who wants to game on a trackpad and cramped keyboard anyway?

I don't know about them either. I too tried a so called desktop replacement laptop back in ... 2006? Bad idea. Just plain poor concept, you get a ton of discomfort without many of the benefits. Processing power wise I will admit lasted years. The battery died several times rather quick too, so after battery replacement #3 I just gave up on using it unplugged. If I ever get a laptop, it will be just that.

These come in handy when you travel a lot, like I used to. They were never meant to be gamed on from battery, but they are great when stuck in a hotel room somewhere in the middle of nowhere. They also great as mobile workstations if needed. A gaming laptop is much better value than actual laptops sold as workstations.

Become a Patron!
Back