Akiva Goldsman Provides Updates on I Am Legend and Constantine Sequels

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sequels to I Am Legend and Constantine are in early development at Warner Bros., and while neither appear to have received release dates yet, industry veteran Akiva Goldsman, who is involved with both projects, shared new details about them in a recent discussion with Deadline. According to Goldsman, the sequel to Constantine, which he's currently writing, will expand on the themes that the 2005 original introduced, bringing back Keanu Reeves as the titular exorcist and demonologist, while the sequel to I Am Legend will start decades after the first film, with actor Michael B. Jordan joining Will Smith in one of the feature's lead roles. Goldsman also mentioned that he is a huge fan of The Last of Us, suggesting that the vampire sequel may feature story beats that are heavily inspired by Naughty Dog's game and/or HBO's adaptation.

See full article...

I quite enjoyed the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie and would have like to see additional entries but at this point I think it has been way too long to go back to.

As for I Am Legend, I don't understand that one. That movie wasn't very good or interesting to begin with and there isn't any point in revisiting it.

I enjoyed I Am Legend. I'd like to see a prequel of what all happened up until the point where I am legend started.

IIRC, they had two endings to the movie and one of the endings didn't leave much room for a sequel. But this is Hollywood, I'm sure they'll figure something out that makes no sense.

Become a Patron!
Back