The Ascent Has Sold 1 Million Copies Worldwide

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The chances of The Ascent getting a sequel appear to be steadily increasing. Curve Games has announced that the debut title from Swedish indie studio Neon Giant, a critically acclaimed solo and co-op action-shooter RPG set in a cyberpunk world, has sold 1 million copies worldwide following its launch in July 2021. The Ascent is currently available for as low as $7.72, while the Cyber Edition Bundle, a bundle that adds the game's Cyber Heist DLC, is available on Steam for $13.89. Some of the modern features that The Ascent supports include ray tracing (shadows, reflections, ambient occlusion) and NVIDIA DLSS 2 for improved performance.

See full article...

I thought it was pretty fun on the first playthrough - not terribly long but definitely worth $10. Haven't played the DLC yet though.

Huh.

Looks like an isometric view version of Cyberpunk 2077.

If I had to guess, it was inspired by the title Syndicate from 1993 which was pretty huge in Sweden as I recall.

Syndicate_screenshot.png

It reminded me most of an old Valve game called Alien Swarm but I guess it really follows most any dual stick shooter.

Become a Patron!
Back