Cyberpunk 2077’s Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode Looks Stunning in First 4K Comparison Shots

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has released three comparison shots (1, 2, 3) as part of a technology preview for Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, and they suggest that the new mode, which is described by green team as being "extremely GPU intensive," will make CD PROJEKT RED's open-world RPG more beautiful than ever for those who have the proper hardware to handle it. Available beginning April 11, Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode brings full ray tracing, otherwise known as path tracing, to the game, a more impressive form of ray tracing that accurately simulates light throughout an entire scene. NVIDIA has recommended a GeForce RTX 40 Series GPU and NVIDIA DLSS 3 for powering Cyberpunk 2077's Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode.

See full article...

So nvidia recommends optimized resolution upscaling to enjoy this game at your screens native resolution with all options on.

They keep saying DLSS like it is a huge value add. In reality it's just a way to satisfy a customers expectation that their high dollar investment matches what they want to get out of it. Without actually meeting the demand.

I fear I'm too stuck in a rut. I was against video streaming online for a long time but now I do that almost exclusively. I was against buying digital only copies of video games... but that ship has sailed. Maybe when I finally cough up and buy a new Nvidia card I'll love whatever DLSS version happens to be the flavor of the day.

They keep saying DLSS like it is a huge value add. In reality it's just a way to satisfy a customers expectation that their high dollar investment matches what they want to get out of it. Without actually meeting the demand.
I think this is a very insightful comment right here.

Become a Patron!
Back