PlayStation Showcase Dazzles with Alan Wake 2, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, MGS Delta: Snake Eater, Project Q Handheld, and ...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Are PS5 sales really set to outpace PS4 by the end of 2023? Based on what Sony delivered during today's hour-long PlayStation Showcase, it sure looks like it, with Alan Wake 2, Assassin's Creed Mirage, and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 being just a handful of the anticipated releases that PS5 owners will be able to enjoy by the end of the year. A roundup of some of the bigger announcements can be found below, although Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 probably deserves some extra attention, with Insomniac Games having released extensive gameplay footage that teases the power of two Spider-Mans working together. Other highlights include Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater, the long-rumored remake of Hideo Kojima's stealth survival classic, and Project Q, a new device for playing games installed on PS5, streamed over Wi-Fi.

See full article...

If you wanna see all the PlayStation Showcase 2023 trailers in one place: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLol_ykYs3OQ7WTicUxPdi3KOcSKiFIoZb

Sony-provided list: https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...se-recap-everything-announced-at-todays-show/

The fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Bungie is bringing back the Marathon IP as a PvP multiplayer reboot?! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
"We have a tremendous amount of respect for the original Marathon games and, from the very start, we’ve wanted to honor that, especially the mythology, story, and themes of the world. At the same time, our vision for this game is something new. It’s not a direct sequel to the originals, but something that certainly belongs in the same universe and that feels like a Bungie game. Finding those opportunities to nod to the universe’s lore, while also getting to build something different and new has been one of the best parts of developing this game so far. It’s our aim to create something incredible both for players who are completely new to the Marathon world and for those that have been waiting years for more stories in the Marathon universe. You don’t need to know anything about Marathon to understand or play this game, but if you do, we’re making the experience with references and deep cuts you’ll recognize."

This is going nowhere good...

Last edited:
So, project q like a wireless screen? Reminiscent of wii u?.
I never understood wii u, Nintendo did a horrible job of promoting it. To this day I am unsure if you can play the full game when near your wii u console ( like project q ) or just like a mini game offshoot made for the controller.
Well decided to look it up and its both, just depends on the game. They suuuuuucked at promoting the wii u. I would have purchased it most likely.

Last edited:
WTF? Alan Wake 2 looks like a PS3 game. Nothing here gets me even remotely excited. Pulling the 20th skin off the back of old and tired franchises, and a couple of indie games?

I hope those controls for the project q are detachable/replaceble given how bad PS5 controllers are, first time I actually hada broken controller since the old Master system days, and those were abused b4 they died, my ps5 one got stick drift with just some light use.

Yeah, streaming only handheld system seems like a hard sell. I used remote play on my Vita for PS4 (farming in Destiny, iirc) and it wasn't ideal.

A handheld PS4 would've been cool; Seems to me they could've shrunk hardware down enough to run PS4 titles in a handheld machine (digital only device). Add the PS5 streaming ability and you'd have a pretty desirable handheld.

Become a Patron!
Back