Western Digital Launches WD_BLACK SN850P NVMe SSD for PS5 Consoles, including 4 TB Version for $549.99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Western Digital has announced that the WD_BLACK SN850P NVMe SSD for PlayStation 5 consoles is now available for purchase through its web store and participating retailers. The new PCIe 4.0 SSD, which is an officially licensed PlayStation product, is available in 1 TB, 2 TB, and 4 TB capacities, the latter of which is priced at $549.99—a figure that some critics are saying is a little extreme based on many of the other options that can be found on today's market. That said, the 4 TB version of the drive promises sequential read/write speeds of 7,300/6,600 MB/s for PS5 users, and there's also a PlayStation logo on the heat sink for those who forget what system they're installing it into.

See full article...

So I'm going to pay for the console... AGAIN just to store more of my library as installed games?

So I'm going to pay for the console... AGAIN just to store more of my library as installed games?
You can always play the uninstall/reinstall game... provided you have a fast enough ISP that doesn't throttle or have caps.

Yeah, it sucks. Proprietary storage solution so they can mark it up. You can get a 4TB PS5-compatible NVMe Drive for less than half that price.

Become a Patron!
Back