Xbox Isn’t Sold on VR or AR: Audience “Not Quite There Yet”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Xbox users who want to experiment with VR will need to look to the PlayStation, Meta Quest, and/or PC platforms, as Matt Booty, head of Microsoft Game Studios, has told The Hollywood Reporter in a recent interview that Xbox isn't really invested in the technology at the moment. According to Booty, VR, nor AR, has a big-enough audience yet for Microsoft to care, although it looks like the same could be said for cloud gaming—something that Xbox is clearly trying to drive despite it being a "very, very small market."

See full article...

No ****... I mean invest 100 million dollars in a AAA game for VR only is a LONG way off. The market is small, the amount of time/space/resources it takes to PLAY VR games is extensive. Pretty much unless you're single getting actual time to enjoy a VR game let alone build out a system (or console) for VR and the space needed is extensive.

People in families need games they can pause or log out off not be sequestered in 100%.

Heck I wouldn't want to play a deep VR game if I was single but lived in a violent neighborhood. Put the set on and start the game, log out to an empty apartment with nothing but your VR setup left.

Become a Patron!
Back