Super Mario RPG Returns with Overhauled Graphics for Nintendo Switch on November 17, 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Today's Nintendo Direct has concluded with a handful of great announcements that include Batman: Arkham Trilogy, Detective Pikachu Returns, Palia, WarioWare: Move It!, and DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS: The Dark Prince, but one of the most exciting reveals is undoubtedly Super Mario RPG, a remake of the 1996 SNES classic from Squaresoft (now Square Enix) that features what appears to be hugely improved graphics. Nintendo has confirmed that Super Mario RPG will be released for the Nintendo Switch on November 17, 2023, although there doesn't seem to be any word yet on whether Yoko Shimomura has created new music for the game, or it, if so, includes both classic and remastered soundtracks. Complementing the Super Mario RPG "remake" is Super Mario Bros. Wonder, a new 3D side-scrolling game for those who are seeking a more traditional Super Mario Bros. experience.

See full article...

I loved the f*ck outta the original Super Mario RPG, but I dunno about this remake. Still, it looks a lot better than the Zelda: Link's Awakening remake. Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda games, but I could NOT get into the remake. At least Yoko Shimomura is returning to provide new examples of the classic tracks she made for the original SMRPG. A remake of this game was a pretty random-@ss announcement for Nintendo. SquareSoft made the original game, but Nintendo is probably handling this remake internally.

As for SMB Wonder, that sh1t looks like Nintendo developed the game while high on many powerful substances. Still, it will be a breath of fresh air after all the dang games we got in the NSMB series. What I've wanted for decades is another game like SMB3 and SMW that has a fast game speed and flow, excellent precise controls, and does NOT have the sluggish control, physics, and pace of SMB1 or the NSMB series. But if they haven't given me a game like SMB3 or SMW in all these great many years, I ain't expecting one any dang time soon. If SMB Wonder plays better than the NSMB series though, at least that's a step in the right direction.

Become a Patron!
Back