12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900K Crushes AMD Ryzen 9 5950X in Another Single-Core Benchmark, Faster by 27 Percent

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
intel-11th-gen-core-processor-render-underside-1024x576.jpg
Image: Intel

Evidence of Intel’s 12th Gen “Alder Lake-S” flagship processor being able to best AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X continues to mount. The latest stems from a user on China’s Bilibili forums, who shared a CPU-Z benchmark teasing the alleged single-core performance of a Core i9-12900K.

According to the test, Intel’s upcoming flagship is capable of reaching a score of 825 on CPU-Z’s single-core benchmark. This is 143 points greater than its predecessor, the Core i9-11900K, and 178 points greater than AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X.

intel-core-i9-12900k-cpu-z-single-core-score-of-825.jpg
Image: Bilibili

The implication is that Intel’s 12th Gen “Alder Lake-S” flagship could be up to 27 percent faster than the current competition. Here’s CPU-Z’s rankings for comparison...

Continue reading...

I hope it ends up planning out true - about time Intel moved past Skylake, and it would be exciting to see another couple of back-and-forth generations between Intel and AMD

I hope it ends up planning out true - about time Intel moved past Skylake, and it would be exciting to see another couple of back-and-forth generations between Intel and AMD
Yes that would be great for all of us. Not sure if I'll be an early adopter of Alder Lake, but I'm glad to see some promise from both sides.

Yep some engineering competition would be nice. Lets hope this isn't just clever marketing.

Sure but does it hold that speed across all cores when fully active? If not..... I mean no one is buying these for single core usage.

Become a Patron!
Back