Quake II Remastered Has Been Rated in Korea for “Excessive Expression of Violence”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Is Quake II Remastered going to be announced at this year's Quakecon event? It sure looks like it, as South Korea's Game Rating and Administration Committee has published its rating for exactly that, with a new entry going up today that teases an FPS game with "excessive expression of violence," not to mention blood and body damage, both of which are "frequently expressed in the process of fighting using weapons." Today's news of Quake II Remastered comes at the relevant time, with June 22, 1996, being the original Quake's release date, and while it isn't clear what upgrades Quake II Remastered will bring, they will presumably fall along the lines of what the Quake remaster, which released in August 2021, had received.

See full article...

Could be interesting, but I've been going through Quake 2 RTX as a side/background game ever since I got an RTX 3090, so I won't be f*cking around with another version of Quake 2 any dang time soon.

Become a Patron!
Back