FINAL FANTASY XVI Announces 3 Million Copies Sold, Making It the Fastest-Selling PS5 Exclusive Ever

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
FINAL FANTASY XVI may be doing better in the eyes of Square Enix than previously reported, as the publisher announced today that the new action RPG, which launched globally on June 22 exclusively for PlayStation 5 consoles, has already shipped and digitally sold 3 million copies since its release. This milestone would make FINAL FANTASY XVI not only the fastest-selling PS5 exclusive ever, but also the sixth fastest-selling PlayStation exclusive ever, according to metrics shared by @Zuby_Tech. FINAL FANTASY XVI's sales performance on PS5 would suggest that Square Enix is in no rush to release a PC version, although that's pretty much inevitable.

See full article...

Do me a favor... compare that to Diablo 4. Go ahead.. I'll wait.

Ok I didn't wait. 9-10 million copies opening weekend. (well week it's a 5 day metric.)

That's a release for a non subscription based game for all platforms at once. (well other than switch right?)

So if they sold 3 million copies per major platform that's how much Sony could have multiplied it's value by.

May put it on list for Xmas present or something, after the crappy FFXV (hated the combat) I'm not realy interested anymore in the series and from what I read the combat does not seem that different/better.

This is true, but D4 also released on 5 different platforms. This is just PS5 sales.
For comparison's sake, Cyberpunk 2077 sold over 5 million copies on PC alone in its first week of release. If we're breaking down multiplatform releases by platform, then Cyberpunk makes Final Fantasy XVI look not as impressive.

Too many PR weasel caveat words: "Fastest Selling PS5 Exclusive". Well yeah, and I can be the fastest runner in a one-man race. So what?

Become a Patron!
Back