Zack Snyder Teases “Endless” Movie and TV Plans for Rebel Moon, His Star Wars Franchise

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Empire has shared its world-exclusive cover story for Rebel Moon, Zack Snyder's upcoming, two-part sci-fi movie for Netflix that originally began as a Star Wars pitch, and with it comes the news that the director is going all-in with the franchise, planning "endless" films, tv shows, and possibly more. The new movie, which Snyder says is an "accumulation of everything he's done thus far," stars Anthony Hopkins as a robot and Ray Fisher with a four-foot gun, among other cast members. Rebel Moon's first half begins streaming on Netflix December 22.

See full article...

You know what... after seeing how much better the Snyder Cut was... I'm gonna give this a shot.

In other words, he doesn't know how to write an ending. Just like every other Hollywood series writer ...

In other words, he doesn't know how to write an ending. Just like every other Hollywood series writer ...
Or.. and I'm not saying you're wrong. But he could be building a sci-fi setting. You know Other than Star wars, or Dune, or Star Trek, or valerian... uhhh maybe we skip that last one. ;)

Or.. and I'm not saying you're wrong. But he could be building a sci-fi setting. You know Other than Star wars, or Dune, or Star Trek, or valerian... uhhh maybe we skip that last one. ;)
There have been many sci-fi IPs come out besides Star Wars/Trek (and plenty of derivative IPs from those) that briefly captured an audience but ultimately ended up in the pile of (mostly) forgotten sci-fi shows. Some of them brought really fresh and great ideas to the table, but they didn't have the market power or gravitas that SW/T did and so were cancelled or left to rot on the vine. What is one more?

Remember when all the game developers wanted to create the next WoW? The market flooded with new and interesting MMOs, but each failed because they couldn't top the 800-lb gorilla in the room. Same has been true for sci-fi movies and/or series. Entertainment capital investors tend to be risk-averse and only want to invest in a sure thing return. They get that from SW/T. It's a cancer on the entertainment industry.

There have been many sci-fi IPs come out besides Star Wars/Trek (and plenty of derivative IPs from those) that briefly captured an audience but ultimately ended up in the pile of (mostly) forgotten sci-fi shows. Some of them brought really fresh and great ideas to the table, but they didn't have the market power or gravitas that SW/T did and so were cancelled or left to rot on the vine. What is one more?

Remember when all the game developers wanted to create the next WoW? The market flooded with new and interesting MMOs, but each failed because they couldn't top the 800-lb gorilla in the room. Same has been true for sci-fi movies and/or series. Entertainment capital investors tend to be risk-averse and only want to invest in a sure thing return. They get that from SW/T. It's a cancer on the entertainment industry.
I think this is high risk but I also think that the directoor here is also a producer meaning he's putting his own money on the line. When people are willing to do that you end up drawing in a lot more backers because you have real skin in the game.

But lets be honest. If this first one is TOO boring, or not interesting or too techy, or not techy enough... there are a LOT of things that will go into building this IP, and starting out with something broadly perceived to be a turd will see the whole IP start on really shaky feet.

I mean he COULD be making the next Matrix as far as wildfire popularity is concerned. OR... the next valarian that is so hyped but crashes in the market SO hard.

here is also a producer meaning he's putting his own money on the line
Seems a lot of times when someone finds their own projects they end up being giant piles of crap - too absorbed in their “Vision” and the fact that other people won’t invest is a red flag

Become a Patron!
Back