Red Dead Redemption Remake May Be Announced in August

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Rockstar Games is working on a remastered version of Red Dead Redemption, and not only that, it's set to be announced "imminently," and possibly as early as next month, according to Colin Moriarty, a former editor at IGN that now heads the Sacred Symbols podcast. Previous rumors that date back to February 2021 would suggest that this isn't merely a remaster, but a full remake with RDR2-level graphics, and although evidence for that remains to be seen, South Korea has pretty much confirmed the existence of a new Red Dead Redemption game, having provided a rating for exactly that last month. Red Dead Redemption has only ever been released on PS3 and Xbox 360, but PC gamers have been able to enjoy the 2010 game thanks to emulation.

See full article...

It still really pisses me off that the first game is not available on PC. The best way to play it today is to use the X360 version on 8th-gen or 9th-gen Xboxes (and still the framerate is gonna be stuck at 30fps). On PC you can use the PS3 emulator RPCS3, but then you'd have to play the inferior PS3 version, ugh. A remake is cool I guess, but it would be nice to have easier access to the original game. I've been wanting to play through it again (especially after playing RDR2 cuz I like 1 more than 2, though 2 was still good), and I was hoping I could do that with a nice PC port, such as a remaster. I guess not. I'll give the remake a shot though. Would be cool to have RDR1 on RDR2's engine.

EDIT: Looks like the game is also running pretty decently on the Xenia emulator, but X360 emulation is not as far along as PS3 emulation (which is ironic considering how insane and convoluted the PS3's architecture is).

Last edited:
It still really pisses me off that the first game is not available on PC. The best way to play it today is to use the X360 version on 8th-gen or 9th-gen Xboxes (and still the framerate is gonna be stuck at 30fps). On PC you can use the PS3 emulator RPCS3, but then you'd have to play the inferior PS3 version, ugh. A remake is cool I guess, but it would be nice to have easier access to the original game. I've been wanting to play through it again (especially after playing RDR2 cuz I like 1 more than 2, though 2 was still good), and I was hoping I could do that with a nice PC port, such as a remaster. I guess not. I'll give the remake a shot though. Would be cool to have RDR1 on RDR2's engine.

EDIT: Looks like the game is also running pretty decently on the Xenia emulator, but X360 emulation is not as far along as PS3 emulation (which is ironic considering how insane and convoluted the PS3's architecture is).
Well this will be interesting to watch later:

Become a Patron!
Back