Denuvo Plans to Prove DRM Doesn’t Impact Gaming Performance with Independent Benchmarks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Does Denuvo's anti-piracy tech really affect gaming performance? Gamers are about to find out, as Irdeto COO Steve Huin has told Ars Technica that his company is working on a program that will make it easier for the press to create their own, independent benchmarks by offering two versions of the game for testing—one with Denuvo, one without. According to Huin, Denuvo doesn't actually have any performance impact on games, although there seems to be a good number of cases that suggests otherwise.

See full article...

How do they exactly plan to prove that one of the versions provided is truly free of offending code? Are we just supposed to take their word for it?

Were going to pay this third party to show our angi copy software doesn't impact game performance.

So you're paying them for the results you want.

Well no o mean we'll pay them regardless of results

Can we see the contract?

Uhh.... What was that.. sorry I have a call on. The other line...

Has this ever been a discussed issue? By that I mean, so if the game has drm, and that is the only choice you have, then what difference does it make? the performance of the game is the performance of the game... No?
This feels more something for publushers and developers.

Has this ever been a discussed issue? By that I mean, so if the game has drm, and that is the only choice you have, then what difference does it make? the performance of the game is the performance of the game... No?
I think they are loosing business, that can be the only explanation. Meaning publishers started to realize that they may loose more customers due to the bad reputation of denuvo than they gain by delaying the cracking of the game.

With publishers eventually wanting to sell on GOG and seeing success perhaps they are realizing their DRM may not be all that.

Yeah, I can't imagine a single individual gamer going like wow! This drm doesn't affect performance, now I want it everywhere 'cause its so cool!. Hehe

It's not. if not for CD projekt red's games there is a good chance they would be bankrupt by now.
Which is very sad, but true. I really wish GOG was the #1 storefront.

Has this ever been a discussed issue?
Capcom did eventually fix things though: https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...-village-pc-is-fixed-but-players-deserve-more

Become a Patron!
Back