Linux Hits All-Time High of 3% Desktop OS Market Share after 31 Years

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Linux has managed to capture over 3% of the worldwide desktop operating system market as of June 2023, according to the latest numbers from StatCounter, which show the open-source OS inching closer to competitors that include Google's Chrome OS. According to StatCounter's data for the current year, Linux started 2023 off with 2.91% market share, but that has since grown, albeit with some dips in between, to 3.08%. The very first version of Linux is said to have launched in August 1991, over three decades ago.

See full article...

Too bad it's not a lot f*cking higher, but it never will be. I been f*cking around widdit since the mid 2000s but only just switched to Linux being my main, daily-driver OS last year. I don't see myself switching back. I still keep Windows around though, primarily for gaming. So 3% is the all-time high huh? Wow.

Too bad it's not a lot f*cking higher, but it never will be. I been f*cking around widdit since the mid 2000s but only just switched to Linux being my main, daily-driver OS last year. I don't see myself switching back. I still keep Windows around though, primarily for gaming. So 3% is the all-time high huh? Wow.

Well there are well over a billion PC's so 3% is still a lot, also 5% orso is unknown there might also be a bunch of linux with that. Not that I realy care unless the vastly improve linux usability and support.

I've been experimenting with it since the late 90s, used it in a work setting on and off since 2004, but I still can't imagine switching to it as a primary OS. I don't think I ever will.

Become a Patron!
Back