Xbox Announces Voice Reporting Feature: Capture and Report Inappropriate In-Game Voice Chat

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Getting cussed out by a 12-year-old on Fortnite? Xbox players can now fight back with Xbox Voice Reporting, a new safety feature that allows Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One users to capture and report inappropriate in-game voice chats. The feature is only coming to Alpha and Alpha-skip Xbox Insiders first, but according to a blog post on Xbox Wire, users will be able to capture 60-second video clips of any incidents that bother them, any of which can then be submitted for review. Microsoft notes that with the advent of Xbox Voice Reporting, all types of content reporting are now covered.

See full article...

I am 100% for this especially if it gets turdbuckets off of online gaming. I might even consider playing an xbox game online again.

I'm sure this won't get abused in any way.

Aren't there states where you have to consent to being recorded? I'm sure it's buried in the 75 pages of the ToS somewhere you have to click to accept, and I'm sure that everything has been recorded for years now anyway, but still

Oh yeah, the favorite game of communism reporting anyone for anything.

I'm sure they won't just start reporting who beat them, that would never happen!

Oh yeah, the favorite game of communism reporting anyone for anything.

I'm sure they won't just start reporting who beat them, that would never happen!
It might then those bad players would get tagged for false reporting. Their reports would fall to the bottom and the real issues they report would be missed.

Those that get repeatedly tagged for flagrant verbal abuse would start to get teamed only with others flagged for flagrant abuse, and their reports would start to be completely ignored.

Man if I were running a game with area voice chat I would TOTALLY do this. Imagine the JOY knowing turd buckets are only being paired with other turd buckets. Holy crap I giggle at the emotional damage they would suffer only tearing into others that just come back harder against them.

Maybe that makes me a bad person. *sips coffee* Yea I'm ok with that.

It might then those bad players would get tagged for false reporting. Their reports would fall to the bottom and the real issues they report would be missed.
Nobody reviews reports. The whole system is built on mass reporting, if someone gets reported multiple times they might get flagged or punished even if they have done nothing wrong. At least this is how most social media works, I don't see this being handled any different. The false flaggers never get punished and the victim has to fight the company often to no avail ending up just eating the ban or warning.
Those that get repeatedly tagged for flagrant verbal abuse would start to get teamed only with others flagged for flagrant abuse, and their reports would start to be completely ignored.
They already had this, I swear I remember reading about this somewhere.
Man if I were running a game with area voice chat I would TOTALLY do this. Imagine the JOY knowing turd buckets are only being paired with other turd buckets. Holy crap I giggle at the emotional damage they would suffer only tearing into others that just come back harder against them.

Maybe that makes me a bad person. *sips coffee* Yea I'm ok with that.
I have no idea why anyone plays multiplayer at all, it's not worth the hassle dealing with idiots, and there are more ways of being an idiot than smacktalk.

Nobody reviews reports. The whole system is built on mass reporting, if someone gets reported multiple times they might get flagged or punished even if they have done nothing wrong. At least this is how most social media works, I don't see this being handled any different. The false flaggers never get punished and the victim has to fight the company often to no avail ending up just eating the ban or warning.

They already had this, I swear I remember reading about this somewhere.

I have no idea why anyone plays multiplayer at all, it's not worth the hassle dealing with idiots, and there are more ways of being an idiot than smacktalk.
Both of us here are pissing in the wind. Neither of us knows how the internal process actually works. We have no documentation to say the process is x or y. But it is fun to speculate.

Become a Patron!
Back