Xbox Game Pass Core Replaces Xbox Live This September

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that it is updating and rebranding its long-running Xbox Live service to Xbox Game Pass Core, a new subset of the subscription service that will launch on September 14 and offer members access to multiplayer alongside a select collection of games and exclusive member deals. It will cost $9.99 USD/month or $59.99 USD/year.

See full article...

What MS needs to do is offer 'lifetime' subs with console purchases. Adjust the cost of the console (or build it in to introduce the 'free' service for the original owner once the cost to make it starts leading to an acceptable amount of profit.) and collect your user data. When people sell the console, or don't use it for x period of time or whatever the case may be, the other owners will need to sub themselves.

Then it won't be a case of... "You're making me pay to play online.," But more a case of... "Second hand customers need to buy this service.". Heck they could be real winners and have the sub include hardware warranty and 'insurance' on the device.

I'm surprised it took them this long to simplify their offerings

What MS needs to do is offer 'lifetime' subs with console purchases. Adjust the cost of the console (or build it in to introduce the 'free' service for the original owner once the cost to make it starts leading to an acceptable amount of profit.) and collect your user data. When people sell the console, or don't use it for x period of time or whatever the case may be, the other owners will need to sub themselves.

Then it won't be a case of... "You're making me pay to play online.," But more a case of... "Second hand customers need to buy this service.". Heck they could be real winners and have the sub include hardware warranty and 'insurance' on the device.
A lifetime subscription would cost around $5k. How would Microsoft subsidize that to sell it at a palatable price?

A lifetime subscription would cost around $5k. How would Microsoft subsidize that to sell it at a palatable price?
No no... Lifetime of your ownership use of THAT device. :) So it's only kinda lifetime.

Become a Patron!
Back