Corsair Acquires Customizable Keyboard Maker Drop

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Corsair has announced that it has acquired Drop, the peripheral developer best known for its customizable mechanical keyboards and switches, including Marvel and The Lord of the Rings. The company describes itself as a maker of community-inspired products that are designed for everyone.

See full article...

I'm too old school for these small format big key keyboards. GIVE ME 10 KEY OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

... yea it's a bit overdramatic... so?

Custom keyboards that will require iCue to work...

I'm sure the Corsair buyout was good for their bottom line, but I'm not sure whether this is good for the community or not.

Custom keyboards that will require iCue to work...

I'm sure the Corsair buyout was good for their bottom line, but I'm not sure whether this is good for the community or not.
Earlier on I had issue with Icue... now I kinda like it. maybe it's me identifying with my captors so to speak. But much like many don't want to have a half dozen different versions of Steam, Epic, Uplay, GOG, Origins... I don't want to have a half dozen different hardware configuration controls.

Drop used to be Massdrop. They sold keyboards, headphones, pocket knives, video cards, and lots of other stuff. Their selection has been waning for years.

I probably buy keyboards less often than monitors.

Become a Patron!
Back