Star Wars Outlaws Planets Are Larger than “Multiple Zones” in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, with No Procedural Generation

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Julian Gerighty, the creative director behind Star Wars: Outlaws, has told Edge Magazine in a new interview that the planets in the upcoming open-world game from Massive Entertainment will be as large as "multiple zones" in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and not only that, all of them are handcrafted. Such a detail would set Star Wars: Outlaws apart from Starfield, which, as discussed by Bethesda's Todd Howard, features many planets that are procedurally generated. Set between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Outlaws is scheduled for release on Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC in 2024.

See full article...

Developers really need to stop bragging about the size of their games like it's something to be proud of. This statement from the game director actually turns me off from the game.

Developers really need to stop bragging about the size of their games like it's something to be proud of. This statement from the game director actually turns me off from the game.
Not me I love being able to explore.

Become a Patron!
Back