Blizzard Nerfs Diablo IV to Hell with Patch 1.1, Increases Helltide Costs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Blizzard has rolled out a new patch (1.1) for the console and PC versions of Diablo IV, and it seems to be the action RPG's most controversial update yet, containing major nerfs that affect damage buckets and the viability of many builds.

See full article...

It'll balance out. they nerfed everything in prep for the first season's new stuff.

And this is ladies and gentlemen why not tot buy live service games. Imagine you are in the middle of a playthrough and suddenly everything has changed, for the worse.

And this is ladies and gentlemen why not tot buy live service games. Imagine you are in the middle of a playthrough and suddenly everything has changed, for the worse.
Yeah, this was always my second biggest gripe about WoW -- the class balancing never hit a sweet spot, and was never static long enough for me to get too comfortable with anything. It seems that maybe every 6 weeks a PVP nerf would hit, which would decimate PvE play, so 6 weeks later they would change the PvE play, which disrupted the PvPers, and then you get Paladins and Shaman all bitching at each other (the classic "soandso is overpowered" versus "but they are just homogenizing all the classes") -- it was constant change, sometimes and often very drastic change that completely threw out your build and playstyle.

I guess that keeping the chum stirred up is part of what keeps a live service running, but it just felt too chaotic for me. I had heard D3 had a bit of this but never got into that game, and it looks like D4 is heading down that same road.

Become a Patron!
Back