Elon Musk Launches Twitter Rebrand, Replacing Blue Bird for “X”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Is it tweeting, or X'ing? Elon Musk has shared a series of tweets that can confirm Twitter has officially undergone a rebrand, with the platform's blue bird having been swapped out this morning for the letter "X"—an idea that the world's richest man says was chosen to "embody the imperfections in us all that make us unique." Linda Yaccarino, Twitter CEO, has celebrated the change, hinting that X is poised to deliver "everything" that anyone could ever want in a social media platform, with quicker innovations and more.

See full article...

Will be some truth from people who've left Twitter and refer to their ex ...

X is this fantasy of Elon Musk "the app for everything" he already tried to brand paypal as x way back when.

I think any brand that is less than 4 letters long is marketing suicide. But at least we can watch this trainwreck unfold in front of us in widescreen.

This is throwing out almost two decades worth of brand recognition. Almost as misguided as HBO Max rebranding as Max.

X is this fantasy of Elon Musk "the app for everything" he already tried to brand paypal as x way back when.

I think any brand that is less than 4 letters long is marketing suicide. But at least we can watch this trainwreck unfold in front of us in widescreen.

This is throwing out almost two decades worth of brand recognition. Almost as misguided as HBO Max rebranding as Max.
Well hbo had a mess of services, so that needed cleaning.. Just having hbo max should have left it at that, but just max? That is a poor choice for sure. Elon with the x thing, I am having a very hard time to be in disagreement with you. I guess as they copy China's wechat they need to brand the services somehow, but to drop the twitter thing.. I don't know.

It must be such a pain in the *** to be a CEO of a company Musk is involved in. Nobody gives two ****s what you want to do or think because Musk is there with his hand shoved so far up your butt that people think you're a puppet.

It must be such a pain in the *** to be a CEO of a company Musk is involved in. Nobody gives two ****s what you want to do or think because Musk is there with his hand shoved so far up your butt that people think you're a puppet.
Dude is just the worst possible boss in every way imaginable.

1. Demands you sleep at the office
  2. Everything must be done by yesterday
  3. Makes you look bad in front of every partner company
  4. Makes public statements willy-nilly without even consulting the people who will need to implement what he wants
  5. Thinks he is a genius, but in reality most of his ideas are really dumb
  6. A narcissist, who makes rash decisions on the spot just to save face
  7. Can't take an L
  8. Can't take it when others W without him
  9. Misleads investors with overambitious predictions and outright lies
What did I miss? I know I missed something.

Become a Patron!
Back