Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Launches on PC with Steam Deck Verification

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Insomniac Games has announced that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is now available for PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, and not only that, it's already earned Steam Deck verification, meaning that owners of Valve's handheld PC should be able to enjoy the new port from Nixxes Software as it was intended, without any glaring issues. In a video from June 2020, Insomniac famously suggested that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart required an SSD to function, but apparently, that isn't the case based on the game's PC requirements ("SSD recommended"), as well as the cheapest model of the Steam Deck, which only features 64 GB of eMMC storage. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart costs $59.99 and requires 75 GB of available storage space.

See full article...

Now I just need the price to come way the f*ck down (it's been $30 several times over the past few years, so I'd be looking at that or preferably less), and well the game didn't exactly have a trouble-free launch. DF noted a number of issues that definitely need to be fixed (https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfo...art-on-pc-match-and-exceed-the-ps5-experience). I've been waiting to play this game, but I am in no hurry. I am a person who regularly takes years to get around to games. By then there should be some patches out for the game. I already waited a couple years just for this game to show up on PC. Just waiting on that price drop now...

Just saw this earlier today:

Already a very impressive game on PS5. Looking forward to getting my hands on the PC version once the issues get ironed out.

@DrezKill with how many threads you've posted that video on I'm surprised you're not getting paid for your work.
Wish I was, then I could give this RTX 3090 the CPU it needs!

My mom says Nintendo owes me a looooot of money cuz of how hard I pushed N64 in my youth. Silly silly child. Sega might owe me some for DC too.

EDIT: My favorite games in the series were on PS2 (two of 'em) and PS3, so I'm not even all that hyped to be honest. The games I'm really waiting for Sony to release on PC are GoW5 and HFW. Like I said earlier, doesn't matter if it takes me years to get around to sh1t, I'm in no hurry to play anything.

Yea waiting for hfw as well. On PC. Only way I'll get it on PS5 is if I get a free ps5

Yea waiting for hfw as well. On PC. Only way I'll get it on PS5 is if I get a free ps5
I hoping that all 9th-gen Sony exclusives that I might wanna play will end up on PC. I've had game consoles since the 2nd generation. I'm hoping 9th-gen is the first generation I've been alive for where I don't get any consoles. As for HFW, playing HZD on PS4 Pro with a controller was a very painful experience. I won't be doing that again. A friend even offered to let me borrow his PS5 and his copy of HFW so I could play through it. I told him thanks but no thanks, I'm waiting for the PC version.

@DrezKill with how many threads you've posted that video on I'm surprised you're not getting paid for your work.
Yeah, the other day I noticed at least five closely spaced news posting about Ratchet & Clank and wondered what was going on. I'd never heard of the game before, but that isn't saying much. As long as DrezKill receives a 5% commission of all sales, we know that buying the game is contributing to a good cause.

As long as DrezKill receives a 5% commission of all gross sales, we know that buying the game is contributing to a good cause.
Fixed that for you. ;) We can help Drezkill retire. :)

...the other day I noticed at least five closely spaced news posting about Ratchet & Clank and wondered what was going on
LAWLZ
I didn't know which thread to put it in (and I didn't feel like making a new thread), so I put it in all of them! Hahahahahahahaha! I won't be doing that again. My bad for the spam-posts guys.

What's ironic is that I did finally watch the video, and I didn't care for it or its format. I thought it was one of DF's actual in-depth tech reviews, not 3 guys playing the game at the same time remotely, and trying to sync up their gameplay while they checked stuff out. It was just kinda them bullsh1tting around for a whole f*cking hour. The related article they posted on Eurogamer was more to the point. The actual tech review is not available yet (they are still working on it). That's the video and article I'm actually waiting for. That's the video I thought I was posting. This is why you don't post sh1t when you haven't even read/watched it yourself yet.

As long as DrezKill receives a 5% commission of all sales, we know that buying the game is contributing to a good cause.
It certainly is!

We can help Drezkill retire.
I would greatly appreciate it! Maybe then I can finally build a new PC, and get my 25-year-old car fixed/replaced.

EDIT: Looks like DF did finally post their actual tech and performance analysis:

Don't have time to check 'em out now, will have to get around to 'em later.

LAWLZ
I didn't know which thread to put it in (and I didn't feel like making a new thread), so I put it in all of them! Hahahahahahahaha! I won't be doing that again. My bad for the spam-posts guys.
Post away! We were just teasing, of course.

Become a Patron!
Back