Warner Bros. Sets New Domestic Tuesday Record with Barbie, Beating Aquaman and The Dark Knight with $26.1 Million

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Warner Bros. Pictures' new Barbie movie appears to be doing great at the box office. As reported by Deadline, the new film from Greta Gerwig, which stars Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie in the roles of Ken and Barbie, followed up its record $26.1 million Monday at the domestic box office with a similarly successful $26 million on Tuesday. This marks a new Tuesday milestone for Warner Bros., beating previous contenders that include Aquaman (Christmas Day 2018, $21.98 million) and The Dark Knight (July 22, 2008, $20.8 million). Deadline also noted that Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan's new atomic bomb film, is doing pretty well, having earned $12 million on Tuesday for a domestic total of over $100 million thus far.

See full article...

You have to give it to the marketing department they really sold the idea that this is a good natured, benign fun movie, that just wants to entertain. Even I was sold by the trailer, but then came the actual customer reviews, and according to those it is anything but benign.

So what is it, a woke Trojan Horse?
I don't know, haven't seen it, there are conflicting reports, so I'm not trusting anyone. Some say it is ultra woke propaganda, while others say it's just plain bad, and still others say it is brilliant satire.

Searching Google for "Barbie" produced a pink-themed display of fireworks. Not kidding. Try it if you haven't already.

Become a Patron!
Back