AMD Ryzen 5 7600 vs Ryzen 5 7600X CPU Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction In today’s performance comparison review, we are going to test the Ryzen 5 7600 head-to-head versus the Ryzen 5 7600X. This is an all-out Ryzen 5 7600 vs Ryzen 5 7600X performance comparison, to find out the performance differences between each CPU. Does losing the “X” on the Ryzen 5 7600 really make it that much slower? Or will it be able to stay within an acceptable distance of the Ryzen 5 7600X? Or, will the Ryzen 5 7600X blow the Ryzen 5 7600 out of the water because it has a higher power limit and clock speeds? Is […]

See full article...

Hey this was an interesting article to read, and it had me asking myself about my 5900x CPU.

How would my 5900x CPU compare in gaming workloads to the 7600x CPU. Would I have the same throttle point at 4k and sometimes at 1440p gaming? Would the newer generation with it's overall higher single thread be able to feed a modern GPU more efficiently than my 5900x?

Clearly the raw speed isn't making a big difference for gaming at all at the higher resolutions. Seems like if you're doing CPU based rendering it's clear more threads is better. But for gaming in specific I wonder at the differences.

I guess if you guys end up with SO MUCH free time to do a retrospective on CPU performance that would be awesome.

Only issue really here is the PITA it will be to swap platforms due to difference sockets.

Huh... remember back in the... was it 486 or early Pentium days when Citrix would make socket adapters. Sigh... the good ole days... Around the same time that Nvidia made motherboards for AMD CPU's.

Become a Patron!
Back