Microsoft Begins Selling Replacement Parts for Xbox Wireless Controllers, including Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Repair and replacement parts for the Xbox Wireless Controller and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 are now available directly through the Microsoft Store. Six repair parts can be found for both devices, including replacement top cases (starting at $19.99) and even PCBA boards (starting at $33.99). Some have noted that Microsoft's parts only have a warranty period of one year, as opposed to iFixit's offerings, which come with a lifetime guarantee.

See full article...

so buy iFixit parts... I mean I can buy OEM parts from my car, or go through auto zone and get lifetime replacement on parts. Either way I make a choice about what I put in my device.

Ah very good. And I appreciate that Microsoft still lets us use whatever f*cking batteries we want. They haven't gone the route of Nintendo and Sony with built-in batteries that were not meant to be user-replaceable. That sh1t is so f*cking annoying.

Become a Patron!
Back