Baldur’s Gate 3 Launches This Week with NVIDIA DLSS 2, DLAA, and 150 GB Storage Requirement

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Baldur's Gate 3 is finally exiting Early Access this week, but those who plan to jump in for the RPG's official launch should brace themselves for what could be a lengthy download process. According to the minimum and recommended requirements for Baldur's Gate 3 that Larian Studios (Divinity: Original Sin 2) posted on its official website, players will need 150 GB of available storage space for the new game, and what's more, there is no pre-loading possible through Steam. That said, NVIDIA has confirmed that the game will be launching on Thursday, August 3 with DLSS 2 and DLAA.

See full article...

That's odd my early access download is 79 gig. Maybe that's the compressed size? Steam downloads fast so not that worried. I guess if you're on a metered or slower connection that would suck.

Have you played Divinity: Original Sin: 2?

This is one of the few new games that seems like it might interest me. I haven't played either of the Divinity: Original Sin games yet, but I want to at least try the second one before Baldur's Gate 3.

Storage space wouldn't concern me in the least. The game has a lot of content.

Most of the article reads like an ad for NVIDIA's 40-series video cards. BG3 is among AMD's list of FSR-supported titles (per AMD's own site), but I've read that it (FSR 2 specifically) won't be available to players until sometime in early September. I'd be surprised if support for Intel's XᵉSS isn't added at some point as well, but that's just my guess.

Back in my days a .wad file was mere kilobytes. Yes theres textures and whatever but so much on the masssive gb requirements have to be lazyness.

Dude I just played the game... it runs smooth as butter on my system in my sig. NO issues. Load times impressively fast. And the game is objectively beautiful. There is just enough fantasy in the art to keep it thematic. The voice overs you hear from the woman's voice feel all the world like a GM describing and providing encouragement. Really think this game will get it's hooks DEEP in me. :)

Become a Patron!
Back