14th Gen Intel Core i5-14600K Beats Core i5-13600K by Up to 17%: Geekbench

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The 14th Gen Intel Core i5-14600K processor has appeared on Geekbench, achieving a single-core score and multi-core score of 2,794 and 17,190, respectively. According to a comparison shared by the @harukaze5719 account, those numbers would make the new processor, which is part of Intel's new Raptor Lake Refresh series, up to 17.2% faster than its predecessor. Intel is expected launch these new CPUs in September.

See full article...

Sadly it's a consume more power perform more type scenario here. Nothing revolutionary to the IPC which is were real generational improvements should be.

Sadly it's a consume more power perform more type scenario here.
I don't know if we can say that yet. Any power gains (rather, efficiency gains) aren't likely to be substantial, but it is possible. Note that there seems to be some commotion about Intel implementing the voltage controller that they fused off of Alder Lake and Raptor Lake.

Nothing revolutionary to the IPC which is were real generational improvements should be.
Shouldn't see 'generational' improvements because this is a refinement.

However, we could still see increases in core counts as well as increases in cache and latency and memory controller improvements. All of these would add up to measurable, if not noticeable increases in performance. Big place where Intel could use some help would be in comparisons with AMDs X3D parts: cache, latency, and memory performance improvements are likely to eat away at the advantage that AMDs parts with plussed-up L3 cache have at 1.0% and 0.1% lows.

Hmmm should I be skipping Ryzen 7 and going Intel next round?

Become a Patron!
Back