Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster Announced for Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Nightdive Studios has announced that it is currently developing a remastered version of Star Wars: Dark Forces for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam). There's no release date yet ("coming soon"), but Nightdive has promised a number of enhancements, including 4K resolution, frame rates of up to 120 FPS, and remastered cutscenes and content. The original Dark Forces was developed by LucasArts and released in February 1995.

See full article...

If it was a proper remake I'd be fully on board. But these remasters are all but worthless to me. These games are very much a product of their time, and while we had fun with them back in the 90s, you couldn't force me to play such a basic game today. My expectations are very different now.

And whatever graphical upgrades they do blend into the fog of memory, so when you end up playing them they don't seem any better than the original. I just watched Digital Foundry's fawning over their Quake 2 remaster, but to me it still just looked like a 25 year old game. Without the direct comparisons I would never have noticed the changes, which are don't get me wrong numerous.

Last edited:
I remember playing this for hours back in the day. Not sure that I'd be interested in playing this again, but I'll keep an eye out for this regardless.

Become a Patron!
Back