MSI Leak Reveals 14th Gen Intel Core “Raptor Lake-S Refresh” CPUs Are 3% Faster on Average than Current Gen

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The @DarkmontTech account has shared a screenshot from an unpublished MSI video that offers some new insight about Intel's next-generation Core processors. According to the screenshot, 14th Gen Intel Core "Raptor Lake-S Refresh" processors will only be around 3% faster on average versus their predecessors, while the Core i7-14700K will feature around 17% faster multi-threaded performance on average thanks to extra Efficient cores. MSI's chart also confirms the core counts for a few of the SKUs, including the Core i9-14900K, which features 8 Performance cores and 16 Efficient cores just like the current flagship.

See full article...

Wooooow... 3%. On a 100 minute compile that would save me... 3 minutes. Even at a high dollar per hour rate I'd be better served building them an entire other system (or beefy VDI) to do more work on while the compile is running.

Sure spin up 4 VDI's if you need to. No issue these servers are practically idle.

Become a Patron!
Back