Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Reveals Ray Tracing, Ultra-Wide Support, AMD FSR 2, NVIDIA DLSS, and Other PC Features

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ubisoft has shared a new trailer for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora that shows off many of the features that players will find in the PC version of Massive Entertainment's new game, available on December 7, 2023, on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Amazon Luna. Some of the highlights include ray-traced reflections and shadows, support for ultra-wide resolutions and upscaling technologies (i.e., AMD FSR 2 and NVIDIA DLSS), and optimizations for high-core-count CPUs. A benchmark tool is also included with the game to help players optimize their experience on Pandora.

See full article...

Still not as good as Crysis. ALL of that vegetation and not one hole in a leaf.

Still not as good as Crysis. ALL of that vegetation and not one hole in a leaf.
On Pandora the leaves are far more resilient than on Earth. It's almost impossible to put a hole in them. The devs are just being true-to-life with their vegetation/foliage rendering. Also these days you need a graphics card that has Vegetation Hole Accelerators if you want decent performance with a game that features holes in leaves and other plant matter. Otherwise it's just too demanding. I don't blame the developers of this game for not implementing leaf hole rendering. Crysis was ahead of its time. Most people don't realize that it was the leaf holes that made the game so dang demanding back in the day.

I demand etter hole path acceleration. With material hole engine performance accelerators.

Love your post. But really on Pandora if you cand shoot down trees like tech from two plus decades ago... what the fudge are you doing. It's like you're not even trying.

Become a Patron!
Back