Baldur’s Gate 3 Gets a Massive First Patch That Exceeds Steam’s Text Limit

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Baldur's Gate 3 has received its first major update, and the patch notes are so long that they couldn't fit in a Steam post. Larian Studios, the developer behind the RPG, made the joke in a new tweet that it shared this morning, explaining how the new patch addresses over 1,000 bugs, glitches, and blockers in the game. Baldur's Gate 3 is available on Steam now for $59.99, while PS5 and Xbox versions are slated for release this year.

See full article...

I want to try this to an extent, but can't bring myself to hit the purchase button. The last RPG I played was Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

I want to try this to an extent, but can't bring myself to hit the purchase button. The last RPG I played was Elder Scrolls Oblivion.
This is COMPLETELY different. It's somewhat tongue in cheek. It's very fun, and doesn't feel super heavy even though the thematic elements are. I heartily recommend this game. Heck I'd recommend this game today at 100 bucks. Just saying. It FEELS worth it.

I ended up buying it just to support the developer more so than anything. I haven't gotten very far into it. The world exploration runs well but the fights are slower than I'd like being turn-based. The diametrically opposed decisions you have to make seem intentional to push you through multiple play throughts, and there are a ton of them - even just a few hours into the game.

I ended up buying it just to support the developer more so than anything. I haven't gotten very far into it. The world exploration runs well but the fights are slower than I'd like being turn-based. The diametrically opposed decisions you have to make seem intentional to push you through multiple play throughts, and there are a ton of them - even just a few hours into the game.
Dude... play someone with speak with animals ability. It's hilarious!

I've heard nothing but good things about Larian's RPGs, and this one seems to be no exception. I have a bunch of friends who are all having a blast with this game (and some of them really enjoyed Larian's previous games as well). I'm sure I'll check it out eventually, but I got enough on my plate as it is. Not to mention I'm kinda scared to jump into a game as deep and long as BG3.

Become a Patron!
Back