GIGABYTE Touts Z790 Refresh Boards for Next Gen (?) Intel Chips

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
It’s always a good time to get invited out to a press gaggle and GIGABYTE was gracious enough to extend such an invitation out to San Diego to show off its upcoming Z790 based motherboards. We suspect San Diego was selected so they too could enjoy the away from home experience on the mothership’s dime. GIGABYTE tagged this event with the line: Fast Track Gen X: Speed Simplified, a tag line that they were quite proud of so we made sure to include it here with our coverage. The tag line is supposed to represent improvements that GIGABYTE has made […]

See full article...

Be nice if the Tachyon came with the same white PCB...

Also, the Tachyon is one of the few boards available that's designed to max out memory speeds, supposing compliant CPU and memory are present.

There new EZ Mode menu looks a lot like MSI's. (Which I've said for years was the best one.) It's also interesting that they adopted the same SSD retention mechanism and the same GPU release button for the primary PCIe slot that ASUS had been using for a while now.
Be nice if the Tachyon came with the same white PCB...

Also, the Tachyon is one of the few boards available that's designed to max out memory speeds, supposing compliant CPU and memory are present.
I wouldn't have a board with a white PCB personally. I don't care for the look.

Become a Patron!
Back