NETGEAR Launches Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System with Up to 5.7 Gbps Speeds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NETGEAR has announced that the Nighthawk Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System is now available for pre-order in the U.S. from netgear.com for $549.99. Engineered for exceptional mesh WiFi range and performance, this is a three-unit (1x router, 2x satellite) system that features a quad-core 1.7 GHz processor and new WiFi 6E tri-band technology, enabling what NETGEAR says is 50% improved WiFi performance over the previous model and faster WiFi speeds of up to 5.7 Gbps. Coverage is listed as being up to 7,500 square feet.

See full article...

Geezus... I just want a solid wifi home router than can cover a 2 store 2000 square foot home and yard with ease. I'd have it but wifi 6e over that range is still a pain.

Yea that's what I don't get. I'm a fan of bigger badder home wifi routers not scattered systems... unless you're doing like a super large home or apartment complex or something.

I have a Ubiquiti 'ecosystem' that I've yet to deploy in the home we bought a few years ago - because the ATT fiber router just works. Like >700Mbps up and down from the opposite side of the house with an iPhone. And wireless desktop gaming is within 1ms of wired, while being extremely consistent.

I may have given up caring...

I have a Ubiquiti 'ecosystem' that I've yet to deploy in the home we bought a few years ago - because the ATT fiber router just works. Like >700Mbps up and down from the opposite side of the house with an iPhone. And wireless desktop gaming is within 1ms of wired, while being extremely consistent.

I may have given up caring...
Sounds like you need to donate the system to someone that wants to try it out... You know... for posterities sake.

Almost $600 buys you a lot of Ubiquiti Unifi devices…
Yup. Two U6 Pro's and a AC-LR will saturate your house, your yard, you're neighbors yards.

Sadly 2.4 ghz is still the king of range. But it's good enough for streaming music while out and about on your property.

Sadly 2.4 ghz is still the king of range. But it's good enough for streaming music while out and about on your property.
I can max out my 1Gbit symmetrical fiber on 5GHz - 2.4GHz is plenty fast for just about anything that isn't a pure bandwidth contest (downloading apps / games, uploading media).

The Unifi APs I have are the ones that still have significant 2.4GHz capacity for that reason alone. You know, whenever I get around to installing them (probably this fall / winter).

I've got an AC-LR and a AC-Pro and they aren't speed demons, but they cover my entire 2 story house, garage, yard, and well into my neighbors yards. That's on the side of a mountain with tons of hills and trees -- but I admit I don't have a lot of neighbors so the channels are pretty much wide open. Anything I care about for speed or latency is on wired. Cost me .. $300 back in the day? Maybe $400 today if I had to do it over again. Then again, I'm on Starlink, so even 2.4Ghz is way faster than my typical ISP download speed.

Become a Patron!
Back