Starfield Continues to Suffer from Corruption, Low Texture Details, and Other Problems on Arc GPUs: Intel Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4824 Release Notes

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Starfield, Bethesda's new space-faring RPG, continues to suffer from a range of potential problems when played on Intel Arc GPUs, including sporadic instability in some areas of the game, low texture details on certain objects, and corruption when using the Dynamic Resolution Scaling feature. All of these problems, and more, have been confirmed in the release notes that Intel has shared for its latest Graphics Driver (31.0.101.4824) for Arc A-Series Graphics and Intel Iris Xe Graphics, which was released yesterday with support for The Crew Motorfest and Mortal Kombat 1, now available in early access. Bethesda mentioned in a blog post yesterday that it is working closely with Intel, as well as NVIDIA and AMD, to improve driver support and performance for Starfield.

See full article...

I'm kinda glad I'm waiting on this.

I've never really got into the Bethesda games in the first place, so ... I will wait for most of the kinks to get worked out and try it out next time I throw down for XBGP

To all you brave souls out there tinkering with it and having fun - I am glad for you, please carry on! I enjoy reading about it.

I'm kinda glad I'm waiting on this.

I've never really got into the Bethesda games in the first place, so ... I will wait for most of the kinks to get worked out and try it out next time I throw down for XBGP

To all you brave souls out there tinkering with it and having fun - I am glad for you, please carry on! I enjoy reading about it.
I think this was primarily tuned for 30fps in console hardware. Going forward there will be further optimizations.

But if you just want to play the game, it should be "playable" in current state as is.

Become a Patron!
Back