The Elder Scrolls VI May Be Released As Early As 2026, Exclusively for PC and Xbox Series X|S

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Bethesda Game Studio's next RPG may be coming a lot sooner than anyone might've expected. According to a new document from the FTC v. Microsoft case that Stephen Totilo shared today, Microsoft is planning to release The Elder Scrolls VI as early as 2026, and not only that, it'll be exclusive to the PC and Xbox Series X|S platforms. Starfield, Bethesda's latest hit RPG, released on September 6, 2023, while its previous mainline Fallout game, Fallout 4, released on November 10, 2015. There was a nearly six-year wait between The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the original versions of which were released in 2006 and 2011, respectively.

See full article...

Releasing soon to an online retailer near you: The Elder Scrolls shovelware edition. During an interview, one of the Bethesda engineers claimed, "We've done the minimum work needed to milk the most from this cash cow. Now that's just plain ol' good engineerin'. "

TES6 was going to be made regardless of BG3. I think BG3 without mod support will be nothing but a faint memory by 2026. Which I'd not describe as early anyway. I was expecting 2025 and hoping for 2024, it was already in development before Starfield was announced.

Become a Patron!
Back